How to Manage Your Investment- Tenants and Property
By Erin Eberlin, About.com Guide
Managing Your Property
Learn the tips and tricks that will make managing your property a breeze.
- 6 Property Maintenance Tips That Can Save Landlords Money
- Emergency Plan for Your Property
- Should You Make Your Property Pet Friendly?
- What to Include in Your Pet Policy
Your goal is to avoid tenant turnover. Learn the ways to keep good tenants long term.
Hiring Property Manager
Many property investors decide to hire property managers to look after their investments. Learn the pros and cons of hiring a property manager and how to make sure you choose the best one for the job.
- The Complete Guide to Property Managers
- What Is a Property Manager?
- Should You Hire a Property Manager?
- How to Find the Best Property Manager
- Questions to Ask a Prospective Property Manager- Part I
- Questions to Ask a Prospective Property Manager- Part II
- What to Look for in a Management Agreement
- How to Terminate a Property Management Contract
Learn the ins and out of property investor tax deductions. Learn what you can deduct, what you can't deduct and what deductions will increase your chances of being audited.
- What Records Should I Keep for Tax Purposes?
- Common Tax Deductions for Landlords
- Improvements vs. Repairs
- How to Deduct Travel Expenses on Your Taxes
- Standard Mileage Rate vs. Actual Expenses