The tenant move out checklist is a form that should be attached as a rider to the original lease agreement. It provides instruction for the tenant on the procedures and the tasks they need to complete upon moving out of your property. Following these instructions, and adhering to the terms of their lease, will help ensure they receive their security deposit back in full.
- _____ Please call 3-5 days prior to your move-out to schedule your inspection
- _____ Apartment must be broom swept clean, mopped, and vacuumed
- _____ All kitchen(s) and bathroom(s) must be completely clean
- _____ All walls must be clean and painted the same color as before tenancy began (unless Tenant has been given prior written permission from Landlord)
- _____ Vacuum and clean any/all carpet(s)
- _____ Clean all windows
- _____ Remove all of your personal possessions and belongings.
- _____ No trash shall be left behind; Do NOT leave garbage at the curb
- _____ If applicable, all exterior areas shall be cleaned of debris and left clean
- _____ If applicable, exterior lawn and landscaping shall be presentable
- _____ Leave all kitchen appliances, window treatments, phone jacks, etc.
- _____ All keys shall be returned at inspection
- _____ All light fixtures are to work properly with working light bulbs
- _____ All electric is to work properly
- _____ All plumbing is to be free of any leaks or blockages
- _____ All heating is to be working properly
- _____ All smoke alarm(s) and carbon monoxide alarm(s) shall be working properly
- _____ Leave ALL utilities on until your move-out inspection has completed
- _____ Please call 3-5 days prior to your move-out to schedule your inspection.
All of the aforementioned items need to be done PRIOR to your move-out inspection so that you can RECEIVE YOUR FULL SECURITY DEPOSIT BACK (less any withholding from earlier tenancy). Any and all repairs, repainting, trash removal, cleaning, and/or any other expenses that are attributed to restoring your home to its condition prior to your tenancy will be deducted from your Security Deposit.
If additional money is needed to restore said home, Landlord will send Tenant a bill and/or file legal suit for said money in court. Your Security Deposit will be mailed within 30 days of your move-out inspection to the address you provide Landlord (if no new address is given, any remaining Security Deposit money will be mailed to current mailing address and the Post Office will be responsible for forwarding any/all mail to your new listed address). Please also note the replace/repair cost(s) for items you leave in disarray.
Please remember to deliver your home in the same condition it was in prior to your tenancy. This will ensure YOU RECEIVE THE MOST MONEY POSSIBLE!
Good luck with your move.Tenant(s) ________________________________ Date _________________________
Tenant(s) ________________________________ Date _________________________